Talbach via ferrata
A beautifully planned via ferrata – right next to the Talbach waterfall! The via ferrata is set up so you can climb slowly. The easy entrance area is ideal for beginners and children. In the lower section, the training course, the difficulty increases slowly from A to D/E – perfect to test your limits. After each increase in difficulty there is an emergency exit to the hiking trail. The main section appeals to advanced via ferrata climbers. Highlights are certainly the two very long rope bridges, the last one ending directly above the water reservoir’s drain – in spring or when there’s lots of rain there is a thundering waterfall here. The via ferrata is very well secured with clamps and steel rope.
Via ferrata facts
- Difficulty level: A-D/E
- Walking time: 1-1.5 hours
- Ascent: 5-minute walk from Jausenstüberl Talbach
- Descent: From the respective exit, follow the path either to the right or left of the Talbach down to the Jausenstüberl and the car park. All descents are signposted – “Rundwanderweg Klettersteig Talbach”
- Height difference: 115 m
- Start height: 650 m
- Location: South-east slope
- Opening hours: March-October (depending on snow conditions even longer)
- Base: Jausenstüberl Talbach, Tel. +43 676 6649009
- Maintained by: Zell-Gerlos Tourist Association, Zillertal Arena
- Valley village: Zellberg/Hippach
All the via ferrata equipment (helmet, chest & seat harness) can be hired on site at the Jausenstüberl Talbach from the Aktivzentrum Zillertal . Gloves are beneficial, good shoes an absolute necessity. Alpine terrain – climb at your own risk.