Lifts & slopes
Entire ski area
Zell am Ziller
FIS rules for conduct on the slopes
- Respect other skiers and snowboarders.
- Control your speed and skiing or snowboarding style.
- Choose your route so as not to endanger others.
- Leave enough space when overtaking.
- When starting a marked run, restarting or moving upwards on the slope, make sure that you are not endangering yourself or others.
- Do not stop in narrow places or where visibility is restricted.
- Only climb and descend the slope at the edge.
- Respect all instructions, markings and signals.
- In the event of an accident, everyone has a duty to help.
- Everyone must exchange names and addresses in the event of an accident.
Safety comes first in the Arena
Preparation using winches & snowmobiles on the slopes
When your day on the slopes comes to an end (at 4.30 p.m.), the preparation of the slopes in the Zillertal Arena begins. Around 40 snow groomers are used at night to create the best piste conditions in the largest ski area in Zillertal. In some cases, winches are used for this purpose. It is therefore essential for your safety that you adhere to our opening hours. Snowmobiles and snow groomers may be in use at any time!
Behaviour in the event of an accident
- Mark the accident site – protect the accident victim: Put skis/poles crossed in the snow about five metres above the accident site; talk to the accident victim
- Organise help: Report the accident to the ski patrol, the ticket office or the nearest lift station. Or dial the alpine emergency number 140. The control centre will organise assistance.
- Protection from the cold and first aid: Protect the accident victim from the cold and, if necessary, initiate first aid measures until the ski patrol arrives on the scene.