News from the Zillertal Arena
NEW FROM WINTER 2022/23: 8er-Sesselbahn Kapauns
The next major milestone in the further development of the Zillertal Arena is already just around the corner: the connection between Zell and Gerlos will be more comfortable, more efficient and much more attractive in the future. The new Kapauns 8-seater chair lift with extended route is the first step in this direction as a replacement for the existing 2-seater chair lift and already awaits you in winter 2022/23. Our guests will be transported up to the cold Übergangsjoch protected by the cover and warmed up by the heated seats. The use of the environmentally friendly LEITNER direct drive also deliberately ensures sustainability.
- replaces 2-seater chairlift Kapauns
- longer, slightly modified route up to "Übergangsjoch"
- 8-seater detachable chairlift with weather protection hoods and heated seats
- 3.000 passengers/hour transport capacity
CONSTRUCTION DIARY EPISODE 1
CONSTRUCTION DIARY EPISODE 2
New from Winter 2023/24: 10er-Gondelbahn Krimml-x-Press
Subsequently, the Krimml-X-Press connecting cable car will transport guests quickly and safely directly between Zell and Gerlos as a 10-seater gondola with high stability against the wind and no stops. The spacious gondola cabins will be equipped with heated seats for even more comfort here too. The planning not only relied on state-of-theart ropeway technology from LEITNER, but also made an architectural statement in collaboration with the internationally renowned Snøhetta architects’ firm.
- Area: Zell am Ziller/Wilde Krimml
- 10-seater cable car with heated seats
- 2.400 persons/hour capacity
- direct routing without middle station
- fast and comfortable connection between Zell and Gerlos, independent of weather conditions
- Completion expected in winter 2023/24