“Flucht über die Berge” – 8th Krimml theatre walk
Since 2016, the professional actors of “teatro caprile” have been tracing the march of 5,000 Jewish refugees across the Krimmler Tauern in 1947 with a theatre walk in the beautiful Krimmler Achental valley in partnership with the ALPINE PEACE CROSSING. Spectators walk together with the actors along the old Wasserfallweg path to the Krimmler Tauernhaus (where they can stop for refreshments) and on to Windbachalm. A piece of local and world history that has largely been forgotten is brought back to life in both gripping and cheerful scenes in their real-life locations. Some sections of the route are travelled by minibus. From scene to scene, past and present, play and reality merge in a deeply touching and thought-provoking experience.
Tickets & schedule:
- Dates: 23.06.2023, 24.06.2023, 25.06.2023, 30.06.2023, 01.07.2023
- Meeting place: 8.30 a.m. at the tourist office in Krimml
- Start: 9.00 a.m. at Krimml music pavilion
- TICKETS: €40.00 per person // €35.00 per person for groups of 10 for advance purchase // €25.00 per person for youth and school groups aged 18 or under
- Bank transfer to the account teatro caprile: AT 36 2060 7032 0004 2459
- Attention: The theatre walk will be held in German only
- Taxi transfers up/down included in the price.
- Walk: Total ascent is 600 metres.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- The theatre walk takes place in all weathers. In poor weather, the route is shortened and scenes are performed in dry alternative locations.
- Don’t forget rainwear, sturdy shoes, sunscreen and small snack and drink
- Spectators should be surefooted and reasonably fit. Advance booking required and participation at your own risk.