Zell is an idyllic village and has a lot to offer. You will spend an exciting holiday with numerous winter sport activities. Zell is located in the very heart of the Zillertal valley and at an altitude of 580m. Together with the surrounding mountain hamlets of Gerlosberg, Hainzenberg, Zellberg and Rohrberg, it builds a snowy paradise for families.
Zell am Ziller is the first gateway to the stunning skiing area “Zillertal Arena” – the largest skiing area of the Zillertal valley. 147 kilometres of slopes and 52 state-of-the-art lifts, at an elevation between 1,300 metres and 2,505 metres, fascinate our guests from the beginning of December until Easter. Alpine flair at its finest!
The pleasant little skiing area Gerlosstein, situated above the hamlet of Hainzenberg, is part of the Zillertal Arena lift association. Due to its characteristics, it is the perfect skiing area for families. It has 12.7 kilometres of slopes, there are no crowded runs and rarely queuing times.
Enjoy the winter to the fullest on the longest natural toboggan run, cross-country ski runs and winter hiking trails. The region offers sport facilities of any kind, always surrounded by the stunning mountain scenery. A ride on the thrilling Arena Coaster guarantees the ultimate fun and action. Another attraction in Zell is the Freizeitpark Zell (Leisure Park), which provides a wide range of activities like an artificial ice rink, curling rink, indoor tennis courts, a modern bowling alley and a welcoming restaurant.
Additional characteristics, which feature Zell as a paradise for vacationers:
- First gateway to the skiing area Zillertal Arena
- Natural toboggan run – 7km length and floodlit until 1.00am
- Arena Coaster – the first Alpine rollercoaster for the whole family
- Freizeitpark Zell (Leisure Park) – artificial ice rink, curling rink, indoor tennis court, bowling alley
- Après-Ski at the valley station
- Free ski-bus (with valid lift ticket and winter-sport clothing)
- 20 kilometres of winter hiking trails
- The oldest private brewery in Tyrol
- Steam Train of the Zillertalbahn