GUIDE FOR VISITORS
Last revised: 5th May 2022
Safety and the personal health of each individual are the highest good and the focus of attention for the cable car companies in the Ziller valley.
According to the current ordinance of the Austrian Federal Government we give you the following recommendations. On the website of the Ministry of Health you will find continuously updated information as well as detailed FAQs on the measures of the Federal Government https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus.
What you can do to stay safe and keep others safe.
- Use off-peak times: Take advantage of the off-peak times with low crowding to reach the ski area and get back to your accommodation in a relaxed manner. You can also return to the valley station in off-peak times
- Wear a FFP2 mask: Wearing an FFP2 mask in all closed areas is still recommended.
- Keep your distance: We recommend you to keep sufficient distance from strangers.
- Ensure ventilation: If necessary, please ventilate the cable car cabins during the trip.
- Pay attention to hand hygiene: Please observe the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly. Disinfectant dispensers are available in the cable car stations in the indoor area.
- Dispose of used protective masks: Please do not leave your used protective mask or handkerchiefs in the cable car cabins, but dispose of them properly. Waste bins are available in the station areas.
- Follow instructions: Please follow the general behaviour recommendations and also the instructions of our employees, especially with regard to the hygiene regulations.
- Cashless payment or even better: Buy your ticket ONLINE or at the vending machine: If possible, make use of the cashless payment option or buy your ticket directly at the online shop or at one of our vending machines
- Head for the mountain only if you are healthy: If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible Covid-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, ...), please stay in your accommodation and contact the reception of your accommodation or a doctor immediately.
- Behave responsibly: Please conduct yourself responsibly to protect your own health and that of others.
Please observe and follow our Covid-19 Code of Conduct and enjoy your holiday in the Zillertal mountains! We are evaluating the situation on an on-going basis and will adapt our Code of Conduct to any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
Local testing services in Zell-Gerlos:
Tirol Gurgelt was designed for locals, employees and guests. Online registration as a prerequisite for collecting the test is possible at www.tiroltestet.at - the result is given within 24 hours. Registration is possible with the Tyrolean residence address (for guests) or residential address. The PCR gargle tests can be picked up and returned in the branches of 40 MiniM, 145 Baguette and 167 Spar in Tyrol. The collection of the PCR tests for the laboratory tests in the supermarkets takes place at around 10:00 a.m. You can find the locations in Tyrol here.
In the Zell-Gerlos region, pick-up and drop-off is possible in the following branches:
SPAR SM Zell/Ziller
Rohrerstraße 9, 6280 Zell am Ziller
MON-FRI 07:15 a.m. - 07:30 p.m. / Thursday 07:15 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
SAT 7:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
SPAR Kammerlander GmbH&CoKG
Gerlos 145, 6281 Gerlos
MON-SAT 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
SUN 7.30 a.m. - 11 a.m., 3.30 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
SPAR Tschugg KG
Gerlos 230, 6281 Gerlos
MON-SAT 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
SUN 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Gerlosstein-Apotheke pharmacy, Dorfplatz 3a, 6280 Zell am Ziller
Lateral flow test: € 29,- (Result: After 15 minutes)
PCR test: € 69,- (Result: next day)
Registration: By phone on +43 5282 2641
- Dr. med. Herwig Kunczicky, Stöcklerfeld 6, 6280 Zell am Ziller
Antigen test: chargeable - € 35, - // Results: 15 minutes
Registration: By phone on +43 5282 4200
COVID-19 test station at the valley station of the Dorfbahn in Königsleiten open.
21st March - 15th April 2022
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
PCR gargle tests with laboratory evaluation are carried out. Lt. Tests prescribed by law are free of charge for holidaymakers with a guest card (no year-round guest card). The necessary tests for unvaccinated children between 12 and 15 years (PCR and antigen) were carried out free of charge for guest children from Wald / Königsleiten with a guest card. If vaccinated children from 12 years of age or adults without a PCR test arrive, this can also be obtained free of charge from the test center on the day of arrival or on the following day for holidaymakers from Wald / Königsleiten with a guest card.
You can take the following tests at our test centre:
Antigen quick test (result in writing after 10 minutes) € 10,-.
PCR test with laboratory evaluation
Single test (result on mobile phone by 12:00 noon the following day) € 40
Fastline (result on mobile phone by 09:00 the following day) € 50,-.
No pre-registration required!
Info: 0664 1323416 (Tourist office Wald / Königsleiten - Robert Kaserer)
An FFP 2 mask must be worn when entering the test station!
! No pre-registration necessary - enter individually!
NATIONAL PARK CENTRE (Gerlos Straße 18, 5743 Mittersill)
- MON, WEDS, FRI: 7.00 a.m.-6.00 p.m.
- TUES, THURS: 9.00 a.m.-7.00 p.m.
- SAT: 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m.
To register and make an appointment, please visit: https://anmeldung.salzburg-testet.at or call 1450
Price: free/monitored self-test
Please bring your ID and e-card with you to the test!
On-site test option (collection and delivery) in Krimml-Hochkrimml:
SeKo Center SPAR Markt Krimml
Oberkrimml 93, 5743 Krimml
MON-FRI: 7.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. and 3.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
SAT: 7.30 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Under the motto "Salzburg Gurgelt", free PCR gurgle tests are offered in SalzburgerLand for locals, employees and guests. YOU can collect the sample sets free of charge from Spar branches in SalzburgerLand.
Please note that you must register online before collecting test kits. More information about picking up HERE. This link provides a lot of other required information about the PCR gargle tests. The collection of the PCR tests for the laboratory tests in the supermarkets takes place at 10.00 a.m.
We recommend that visitors purchase COVID-19 travel insurance to ensure a stress-free holiday. “Hotel Cancellation Plus” travel insurance offered by our partner, the insurer Europäische Reiseversicherung ERV, is a cancellation and accident policy.
although these pages have been put together with the greatest possible care, we cannot guarantee that the information provided is complete and correct. Zillertal Arena communication channels are no substitute for official channels of information or statutory regulations. As the travel warning situation can change rapidly, please check with the foreign ministry in your home country for current regulations.