Boasting a sports shop, ski school office, ski rental outlet, comfortable, state-of-the-art ski storage facilities and a covered car park for more than 200 cars, the 3-storey bottom station building in the village centre is set to offer new standards of quality. Capacity problems in bringing passengers to the ski area in Gerlos will be a thing of the past. The new Dorfbahn gondola lift in Gerlos will be the second feeder cable car to bring winter sport enthusiasts to the ski area on the Isskogel mountain. The middle station is located at the Rössl Alm, the top station on the Vorkogel at an altitude of 2,100 metres.
Within easy walking distance for the approx. 2,000 guests staying in accommodation in the vicinity, it not only guarantees maximum comfort for winter sport fans but, in addition, it will result in a massive reduction in traffic in Gerlos – both in the form of ski buses and private cars.
Facts and figures on the Dorfbahn gondola lift:
- 10-seater mono-cable detachable gondola system
- 2 sections: Bottom station village centre, middle station Rössl Alm, top station Vorkogel
- Length: 2,478 metres (section I = 1,092 m and section II = 1,386 m)
- Elevation difference: 816 metres (section I = 322 m and section II = 494 m)
- Passenger-carrying capacity: 2,400 people per hour
- Completion: December 2016
- Integrated covered car parking with space for more than 200 cars, sports shop, ski school office, ski rental outlet and ski storage facilities at the bottom station.