/ Ski Area / Did You Know...
Did You Know that...
- 34 piste machines prepare the runs every night, in order to guarantee you
- each of these machines costs around € 350,000;
- in the past 11 years alone, € 86,9 million have been invested in improvements
to our skiing area;
- in the winter, more than 350 people are employed by the cable cars alone;
- through our investments, a further approx. 250 jobs are safeguarded;
- our lifts can transport 104.113 passengers per hour;
- around € 5.50 out of every 6-day ski pass sold has to be used for the snow-making alone;
- we use about 1,200 cubic metres of cow dung yearly for fertilising our pistes and ensuring that the grass grows;
- the ski runs are mown and organically fertilised, which has a very positive
effect on the number of varieties of species and on the appearance of the
landscape, and thus on the recreational value;
- all the restaurants in the skiing area are connected to the sewage disposal
system in the valley;
- we are equipped with the Recco search system?