Facts & Infos
The largest ski area in the Zillertal valley! Skiing from Tyrol to Salzburg - from the village Zell am Ziller via Gerlos to Königsleiten and Hochkrimml
Family ski area Gerlosstein
The small ski area of Gerlosstein offers ski lovers and families with children a lot of ski fun away from the crowds. The Gerlosstein cable car brings you from Hainzenberg (between Zell and Gerlos) directly to the ski area. The ski pass for the Zillertal Arena and the Zillertal Superskipass are both valid.
Did you know that...
- 34 snow groomers prepare the slopes every night, in order to guarantee undisturbed skiing during the day?
- each of these snow groomers cost around € 350,000?
- since the year 2000 we have invested € 101,9 million in improvements of the ski area?
- more than 350 people are employed at the cable cars during the winter season?
- through our investments, approx. 250 jobs have been ensured?
- our lifts can transport 105.082 persons per hour (incl. Wildkogel)?
- around € 5.50 of every 6-day ski pass sold, have to be spent for snow-making?
- we use about 1,200 cubic metres of cow dung every year for fertilization and greening of the slopes?
- the ski slopes are mown and organically fertilised, which has a positive effect on the varieties of species and on the appearance of the landscape and thus on the recreational value?
- all the restaurants in the skiing area are connected to the sewage disposal system of the valley?
- we are equipped with the Recco search system?
- we have defibrillators available for the case of an emergency?
- we are able to transport up to 160,000 skiers every year using the power, generated by our Photovoltaic System “Alpine Mover XL”?
- our magical carpet at the children’s paradise in Gerlos runs with solar energy?