Facts & Infos
The largest ski area in the Zillertal valley! Skiing from Tyrol to Salzburg - from the village Zell am Ziller via Gerlos to Königsleiten and Hochkrimml
Did you know that...
- 34 snow groomers prepare the slopes every night, in order to guarantee undisturbed skiing during the day?
- each of these snow groomers cost around € 350,000?
- since the year 2000 we have invested € 101,9 million in improvements of the ski area?
- more than 350 people are employed at the cable cars during the winter season?
- through our investments, approx. 250 jobs have been ensured?
- our lifts can transport 105.082 persons per hour (incl. Wildkogel)?
- around € 5.50 of every 6-day ski pass sold, have to be spent for snow-making?
- we use about 1,200 cubic metres of cow dung every year for fertilization and greening of the slopes?
- the ski slopes are mown and organically fertilised, which has a positive effect on the varieties of species and on the appearance of the landscape and thus on the recreational value?
- all the restaurants in the skiing area are connected to the sewage disposal system of the valley?
- we are equipped with the Recco search system?
- we have defibrillators available for the case of an emergency?
- we are able to transport up to 160,000 skiers every year using the power, generated by our Photovoltaic System “Alpine Mover XL”?
- our magical carpet at the children’s paradise in Gerlos runs with solar energy?