Mountain biking in the Zillertal Arena From the Tyrolean Zillertal valley to Salzburg’s Pinzgau region
Cycle all the way from Zell im Zillertal, via Gerlos to Wald-Königsleiten and on to Krimml-Hochkrimml. Breathe in the crystal-clear mountain air of the Zillertal valley and the Pinzgau region and enjoy a relaxing, well-earned break.
The Zillertal Arena biking region has lots to offer:
- 325 kilometres of mountain biking trails from the Tyrolean Zillertal valley to Salzburg’s Pinzgau region
- 3 blue (easy), 9 red (medium), 5 black (difficult) mountain bike routes and 2 yellow single-trail routes (very difficult)
- Free transport of bikes with the mountain lifts in the Arena up to an altitude of 1,800 metres
- Bike & E-bike Rentals in the Zillertal Arena
- Bikes can be taken free of charge on the hikers’ bus between Zell and Gerlos and on the trains of the Zillertalbahn. Bike transportation at Pinzgaubahn railways: € 2,50
- The “Zell-Gerlos Bike Ticket” is valid for one cable-car ascent in Zell and one ascent in Gerlos or vice versa. Further information...
- Bike Hotels with special offers for your biking holiday
- iZillertal Arena App – the Arena guide complete with all mountain biking and hiking routes and alpine huts and taverns
You can enjoy the breathtaking mountain scenery of the Zillertal valley and the Pinzgau region on mountain bike, e-bike or on a standard bicycle. With a 325 kilometre-long network of paths and trails covering all levels of difficulty
, you can enjoy yourself to the full on two-wheels. The fun-packed forest cycle trails ensure there’s never a dull moment. But if you prefer the easy-going, flat paths down in the valley, then there are lots of cycle trips to interesting attractions for you to enjoy. The Tauern cycle path, for example, runs alongside the River Salzach all the way to Passau. If you’re looking for something more challenging, then you need look no further than the Hohe Tauern national park which rewards your hard pedalling work with its breathtaking natural beauty.
If you need a bike when on holiday, then simply contact any of the rental outlets in the Zillertal Arena
. Rental of mountain bikes, city bikes, standard bikes, children’s bikes, e-bikes, cycling helmets…
In order to enjoy your biking holiday to full, please acquaint yourself with the code of conduct & levels of difficulty.
The Zillertal Arena, after all, is not also known as the “Bike Arena
” for no reason.